Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WWDH - Arancini


This week, we travel to Italy for Wednesdays with Donna Hay as Margaret chooses Arancini from Modern Classic Book I.

This is a double recipe, as before you can make the arancini, you have to make Donna's lemon and parmesan risotto.  Here is the risotto:



I had some of the risotto for lunch with a small tin of salmon mixed through - it was delicious.

Here is  peek inside the arancini:


I used pieces of light cheddar cheese to stuff my arancini instead of the mozzarella from a practicality and cost saving perspective. My arancini took about double the 3-4 minute cooking time recommended by Donna. The arancini were delicious, but obviously they are not every day food as they are deep fried. For that reason, I only made two arancini and will use the rest of the risotto as a side with another dish. 

To see what Margaret, Kayte and Chaya thought of these arancini, visit their websites.

7 comments:

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

Arancini is one of my favourite my friend :D
Looks so delicious!

Cheers
CCU

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love arancini balls! they're so delicious and crispy on the outside! :D

Johanna GGG said...

I was just thinking about risotto early this morning and feeling it should be in more dinners - have never made arancini but love it

Kari said...

I only discovered the concept or arancini as an adult and I still think of it as a very sophisticated dish. I am thus very impressed you made arancini balls yourself!

Blond Duck said...

I've never heard of this!

Kayte said...

Oh, how fun to serve it with salmon in it! Anything is better with salmon in it. I am going to make these, next week we are off so I will hopefully get both the recipes I missed this month made and posted for Wednesday, Fingers crossed. Wasn't too wild about a fried recipe but I think I shall make a really small batch of the fried balls just to try them out.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, fried food not in our house much anymore, but had to try these. Fun to make. Mine took longer to fry and came out rather crispy on the outside. Tried with cheddar and moz cheese and the moz cheese is sooo much better. Thanks for 'frying' along.