Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WWDH - Mushrooms with Pasta



This week's Wednesday with Donna Hay pick comes from Margaret, who chose Mushrooms with Pasta from p22 of Off the Shelf.

This dish involves making a creamy mushroom sauce with stock, chilli, basil and cheese to coat fettucine.

I thought this was really quite nice.  I cut down the pasta from 400g to 250g and made the whole amount of sauce, which gave me three hearty serves of pasta.  It was another quick, easy, tasty dish.  I even bought pre-cut mushrooms to cut down in preparation time.

To see what Margaret, Kayte and Chaya thought, visit their websites.  And if you want to cook along with us each week, feel free to join us - just contact one  of us to let us know, and we will add you to our mailing list.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

I wish I had made extra sauce. It was so creamy and tasty. Love how yours looks.

TeaLady said...

YOurs looks so beautifully creamy. Wish I had made extra sacue.

Blond Duck said...

I love mushrooms!

yummychunklet said...

Tasty looking pasta!

Unknown said...

Sounds really good!!!!

Kari said...

I like the sound of this sauce - chilli and basil with mushrooms would be lovely. Perfect for winter too!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, this looks amazing! I love shrooms in anything!!!

Chaya said...

Very smart to change the proportions with more sauce. I love a saucy pasta and don't usually allow myself all the extra calories. This was worth it and so simple.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

This is so season appropriate which is lovely! :D

Johanna GGG said...

I try and have a decent amount of sauce compared to the pasta too - sounds like a tasty meal

Cindy said...

I saw this delicious looking dish on Kaytes blog. I always think there is to much pasta and not enough sauce!
Love your idea.

Kayte said...

Loved, loved, loved this pick, thanks! Am enjoying having Matt home for the summer as he absolutely loves pasta more than anything else and he is having a fun time trying out all the pastas everyone has been picking for WWDH. This was a repeat for sure. Yours looks all comforting and nice nestled in that dish.