Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WWDH - Baba ghanoush



This week for Wednesday with Donna Hay, Sarah chose a popular Middle Eastern dip - baba ghanoush, on p86 of Modern Classics I.  Baba Ghanoush is a dip made from roasted eggplant, tahini, garlic and olive oil.  I roasted my eggplant in the oven rather than on the stovetop.

I found this homemade version of baba ghanoush tastier than its commercial counterparts.  I would cut down on the garlic if I made it again, as it seemed a little overwhelming, but otherwise, I really enjoyed this dip.

To see what Margaret, Sarah and Kayte thought of this dish, visit their websites.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

One of my favorites!!! Blessings, Catherine

Kayte said...

I really liked this...and those crackers you have pictured with yours look really tasty, perfect for this dip/spread!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you liked it and I agree that this recipe was much better than any store-bought version. I think that has proved to be true for all the dips I have made in the past. Just think about the difference between jarred salsa and one you make at home. The former is like a dark brownish red sludge, which the latter is like flavour fireworks in your mouth!

Blond Duck said...

I never knew this was a dip! I feel like a doofus!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

One of my favourite dips, it looks so creamy :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

2paw said...

I've never really eaten an eggplant I liked. Maybe this is the way to approach it. Looks tasty!!!

The Caked Crusader said...

Baba ghanoush is one of my absolute favourite things - I would gladly fall into this bowl face first!